Beetroot is the taproot function of the plant. Since early age, beet root is considered to be a nutrition-rich food, containing vitamins and minerals and is the most common way of consumption is juicing the beetroot.
Top 10 Beet Juice Health Benefits
1. Beetroot juice boosts your energy.
HOW: They provide you with 43Kcal/100gm of serve. They are rich source of folates and tryptophans which keeps you energetic.
2. The juice can cure birth defects.
HOW: They contain folic acid vitamins, which is known to cure any birth defects. Hence, it is a recommended juice for the pregnant women.
3. Beetroot juices are recommended to anemia patients. 60% of the female population in the world suffers from anemia
WHY: They are rich in iron. Anemia is caused due to iron deficiency, which is known by your hemoglobin content. Beet root is your cure girls!!
Beet Juice and Blood Pressure
4. They are a must for patients suffering from hypertension.
WHY: They are loaded with potassium (beetroot is among top 5 rich in potassium foods), which is essential for people suffering from high blood pressure.
5. They are known naturally to cure constipation problems and helps you improve the digestion.
HOW: They are rich in dietary fibers.
6. Beetroot juice helps you relax your mind and keep your mood balance.
HOW: The juice contains betaine and tryptophan. Tryptophan is an amino acidd which is known to relax the mind of a man.
7. The juice increase the blood flow to the brain. , thus keeping you energetic and helps you refrain from tiredness.
HOW: The juice of the beetroot converts nitrite to nitrate. It is known to contain nitrite which increases the blood flow to the brain.
8. Beetroots which gives you clear skin, keeps inflammation away.
HOW : Since, they contain a lot of antioxidants; one of them is polyphenols which helps in clearing any infection.
Beet Juice and Cancer
9. Beetroot juices fight against cancer and gives you stronger immunity.
HOW : The fiber present in the beetroot increases the level of antioxidant enzymes, which are known to eliminate cancer causing cells. They also increase the no. of white blood cells in your body.
10. Beetroot juice keeps cholesterol levels low.
HOW: The soluble fibers of the juices levels in lowering the Low Density/Bad Cholesterol low.
Is beet juice good for you?
If you’ve only ever known sliced beetroot in a tin, you should really try organic beet juice. They contain a wealth of nutrients, including magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamins A, B6 and C, protein, folic acid, antioxidants, soluble fiber, and are rightly considered a superfood.
Be careful with them though, because the juice is very strong in flavor. Because of this, it can be used to mask the taste of other ingredients.